• Father not dividing property, favouring brother's family

sir my father has not divided property to his 5 children . he is favoring only the second brother . my second brother is taking advantage of it , and misguiding our parents . we all have worked in our fathers business from our childhood. After marriage my parents asked us to leave the house with out dividing the property .But he has kept my second brother with him . it has become very difficult for all other children in every days life to start from start. kindly advice.

thank you.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu
Did he inherit this business from his father or he set it up on his own? If you can prove that the business was either set up or augmented by finances defrayed from any ancestral property, or by your contribution then you may file a case for partition in the court to cull out an equal share in this property.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer