• Legal heir to property

My father has left behind his 2-bedroom flat with no will. We are two sisters, one brother, and my mother. Kindly advise who is the legal heir to the property and how do we convert it into my mother's name so that she can make  a will.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
All of you are class one legal heir and entitled to one share each in your father's property. You all can release your share in the name of your mother by a registered released deed and property can  be mutated in her name.

You and all your siblings along with your mother being surviving legal heirs of your father have and equal share in his movable and immovable property which has not been dealt with by him by making a will. If you intend to release the share to your mother then you may make a release deed and get it registered in the office of the registrar. Thereafter, mutation can be carried out to complete the process.