• Division of property

I am 75 year old widow , I have inherited 9 acre of agricultural land. I have 3 sons. Now I want divide my property equally and give it my sons. My elder son is not agreeing to divide this property since my other sons  don't  have children, he is thinking after my death automatically he will get everything. How to proceed further. Before my death  I want peacefully divide this property. How I can force my elder son to accept this legally (not through  verbal )??
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
You or your other sons should file Partition Suit in Civil Court.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
117 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Your elder son is thinking on wrong lines. He will not get anything automatically as his rights to get it automatically are subject to law. As your intention is to divide the property equally and peacefully during your life time it will be prudent to enforce partition through the process of court by filing a case for partition.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
653 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer