• Stop husband legally

I have a house in my name since 1990. In 2010 my husband took my signature and he has affidavit that half house belongs to him but I am paying all the bills in my name. Can I stop him legally from entering my property?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from fbd, Haryana
That affidavit may well have been a deed of transfer, the effect of signing which is to transfer the ownership of the house. He cannot be stopped legally from entering the property as he may well have become an owner after you signed the affidavit. Now the only legal recourse available to you is to immediately file a suit and get the deed cancelled.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer