• Not getting my salary also employer told to make it pending

I have joined a company on 22 April 2014. my employer told me to give salary on 10th on every month. but in the very first month he had given my salary late with 1 week.now after completing 1 month in June he is telling that he will not pay my salary on time but put it in pending for 15 days. I don't have a single pie to come to office and also I asked the reason so he is telling that I have taken a leave on 2nd June . but I informed them for it. I call them and also I mailed them. but he is telling that he don't have any information .....What will I do my salary is 30k. even he  is giving salary on 10 of month with check so it will be late with 13-14 day ... please tell me the procedure for it.
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from Noida, Uttar Pradesh
As per law wages are to be paid within wage period by 7th of each month. You can file a complaint with the authorities but doing so you will be inviting wrath of your employer. Find an alternate job if this is creating hardship.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
555 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since you are still working there, it is not advisable to take legal action for release of salary otherwise you may loose job though illegally. You, therefore, try to persuade them for payment.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Are you in receipt of appointment order? As per the terms & conditions stipulated in the appointment letter, the employer as well as employee have to adhere to the clauses mentioned there. In your case, the employer has not paid your salary, inspite of your reminding him for the same. Employer can not take recourse to a 1 day holiday you availed and can not withhold your salary. Better complain to the Labour commissioner of your area and resolve the problem.  Better to search for a good job elsewhere as it appears that the company is not doing well
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1616 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. What type of Company is it?

2. Have them issued you an appointment letter?

3. Are they registered with registrar of companies?

4.You can write to the labour commissioner for not receiving the salary on time,

5. However, I shall advise you to search for a new job and/or adjust with the employer amicably since litigation is a time consuming and expensive affair.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18096 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer