• Release of salary and claim of damages

Dear Sir,

I am an employee of Uttar Pradesh Government health department,I worked for full month but my salary payment was stopped by senior due to personal arbitrary reasons.He cited that during one of his inspection i was not present on my seat,I was out to have a glass of water at that time.My attendance is complete and I have examined more number of patients as required by the rule,In fact I am the doctor who examined most patient for the said month and record is there for the same.How should i go about it,as this is clear harrasment in spite of exceptional being on duty.
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Have you been served with a notice for not having present in your seat during working hours when inspection was carried out by your senior? if yes, then you could have replied with, the matter of fact that you had left your seat to drink a glass of water. If no such notice is served to you to explain your absence at the time of inspection and based on this if your salary was stopped, then its a clear case of harassment by your senior, inspite of your impeccable work record and the action of your senior goes against the labour policy.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1655 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer