• Mutation of Property from deceased parents

We are two brothers, no sister. Property is in the name of our father and mother in Kolkata. All the property related docs with my younger brother who is settled in Amedabad. I have ask him time and again to hand over the property docs, he has declined. Now property is look after by a caretaker who is appointed by my brother. No one is staying at present. When ever he and his family come to kolkata stay in the property. Lock and key are with Caretaker. I have access to the property. My relationship with my brother extremely bad.

I wish to go for the mutation. Later on like to go for joint venture or go with a promoter. How do I proceed?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
start staying in said property .after your parents death you are 50%owner of said property  you can make application for mutation of property in name of you and your brother . enclose copy of death certificate . notice will be issued to all legal heirs .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer