• Property Partition

Hello Sir/Mam, 
My father has expired with no will written. Now elder daughter-in-law who was not in touch with family for more than 10 years is now putting pressure to sell house/land. I wanted to ask does she have any right on property also if everyone is not in favor of selling property, how this could be handled. Please suggest.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
. on your father  death all legal heirs would have equal share in property . if you fail to give share any legal heir can move court by filing suit for partition and obtain injunction restraining other heirs from selling property or creating any third party rights . get valuation done of property . you can  enter into deed of family settlement in respect of all properties . other legal heirs can purchase the share of person wanting to dispose of his share . you have not mentioned whether her husband is alive or dead . on husband death daughter in law would inherit his share of property
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50719 Answers
3018 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer