• Illegal use of the identity card

I had scan my aadhar card for making a duplicate copy of that from a cyber cafe. But the cyber cafe owner have save the file of scan image of my aadhar card and he may use it for the illegal cause. so kindly suggest me what should I do.
-saurabh kumar
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Ranchi, Jharkhand
You cant file a complaint on the basis of ur presumption that scan copy may be used in any illegal way,how ever ask the cafe owner to delete that scaned copy.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

If you have scanned it from a local computer, you need to delete the file from the same after u have scanned. However if you have not deleted the same, go to the cyber café and delete it now. If that is not possible, register a police report and take help from the police.
Shaveta Chaudhary (Sanghi)
Advocate, Chandigarh
830 Answers
62 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Go to cyber cafe and delete alternatively give a complaint to police so as to save yourself in case of misuser at later stage.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1. Mere apprehension of its misuse would not help you.
2. If it is misused then only you can lodge complaint with police for criminal impersonation.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
11962 Answers
153 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you got it scanned from a cyber cafe then it was prudentially incumbent on you to get it deleted from his system after the scan. Now go to the cafe and insist that it should be deleted. There is no reason why he would refuse to do so unless his intentions are wrong. If he refuses to delete it then issue a legal notice to him. Unless and until he actually misuses the scanned copy you cannot take any legal action against him. Even police will not be able to help you unless the crime is actually committed.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22950 Answers
623 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. No offence has yet been committed,

2. It is your appregension that some offence may be created,

3. Either go to the said cyber cafe & delete your said scanned copy or write him a letter to delete the said copy save in his file,

4. You shall have a record of trying to protect its misuse  which might help in later on.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
17592 Answers
431 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer