• My rights with respect to Kid and Wife

My wife has gone to her house for giving birth to kid, and she has not come back home for nearly 7 months. Now I came to know she has joined her job and visa has been processed in her  name to Norway official trip. As per our family custom she should not join the company without coming home which we have told her long back. Now she is also planning to take the kid along with her to Norway.

Do I have right to stop her going abroad?
Do I have right to stop Kid going abroad?
Do I have right to say My wife must not go to work as she is trying to fly without my knowledge?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
These matters are best settled with mutual consent. However, for restraining the kid you would have to approach the court under The Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act 1956 and HMA, with appropriate evidences to convince court for the custody of the child. However, in the present case as the infant is under five years; the care and welfare would be best taken by you has to be proved with bull's eye.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23170 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer