• Under which Rule/Law its Illegal to Submit Original Marks Card

I wanted to know under which Rule/Law its Illegal to Submit Original Marks Card.I have been placed in a company and they have asked for my original marks card. When I asked them why they want my marks card they are saying its their policy.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Mangalore, Karnataka
Employer may ask the employee to submit the original marks card at the time of joining to have a look at the original marks card and to satisfy about its authencity and has to be returned back to the employee, after due verification is made about its authencity from Board/University. If the employer does not return the Originals, after verifying its authencity also, then the employer is practising unfair labour practice.

No there is no rule or legal requirement for retaing original marksheet by employer except asking for verification at initial stage.

The Companies take the original mark sheet to get them empowered to arm twist you in case you don not fall in their line and offer to quit,