• Money lending

I took some cash from a friend of mine. She had given me some cheques and and some amount in cash. I returned her money in parts . Some online and some in cash. But I do not have records. Now she is intimidating me to return the cash otherwise she will file a case for financial abuse. What do I do?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) how much cash was taken ? how much have you returned? 

2) if you have returned money in cash and dont have proof of payments made then you would be in trouble . 

3) inform her that you are willing to return balance provided she gives you receipt of payments made till now
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45570 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer