• Pension

sir my wife has  filed an 498a case and me my father and mother and sister has been remanded for 1weeek in the jail... and aftr that we got the bail.. now we are out on mail.. all dis happen in feb of this year.. am an private employee and my father is an retired govt railway employee.. my father gets pensiom of 20k per month.. now we came to know that my wife is trying to send an notice to my fathers officials to stop or reduce my fathers pensn since he was in jail for 1week 

is there any rule that an reitered govt employe is in jail for more that 24hrs his pensn will be stoped?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Babaleshwar, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
pensioner has not been found guilty of grave misconduct or negligence in any departmental or judicial proceeding  In the present case, the criminal case  is still pending and the said judicial proceedings have not culminated in any finding against the pensioner . No court or authority has found the pensioner  guilty of "grave misconduct or negligence". Hence his pension cannot be stopped
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

His pension can not be stopped or reduced on the ground that he was in judicial custody.. on his daughter-in-law's complaint u/s 498a.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

His pension can not be affected in any way for his being behind the bars for whatsoever reason.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18471 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer