I was posted as Mandi Supervisor in Marketing Board Haryana from Sept 2008.I applied through proper channel for Lecturer Education Dept . I was selected there but joining was pending due to court case, decided on 13.12.2013. Govt ordered the candidates on 14.12.2013 early morning to join immediately. As per permission letter I was to resign before joining new job. So I resigned in forenoon and then joined in DEO office afternoon. Later I felt that it was in hurry & requested the authority to take back my resign on 28.01.14 (It had not been accepted till 28.01.2014 and I drew salary from new dept only on 26.03.2014. On 29.01.2014 we were sent to allotted stations from DEO office. As I had no information about my application what action has been taken ,My resign accepted or rejected as I prayed , I had to go there unwillingly. They have hold my 13 days salary and leave encashment as the decision is still pending. What to do? Can I re join my past job? What are legal points involved?
Asked in Civil Law from Jind, Haryana
1) you have submitted your resignation before joining new job .
2) however before acceptance of your resignation you withdrew your resignation .
3) you cant ride two horses at the same time .
4) by with drawing your resignation you continue to remain an employee of Marketing board haryana .
5) you should inform your supervisors in education dept( new job) about mistake made by you and resign from that job .
6) you should not have accepted salary from your new organisation .
1. Till your letter of withdrawal of resignation is accepted in writing, you can not take for sure that it will be accepted & you stand as resigned,
2. Moreover, you have further complicated the matter by accepting salary from the other department,
3. Thus you have resigned from your earlier dept. and joined a new dept. from where you have already drawn salary,
4. Before rejoining your earlier dept disclose the matter to them and make sure that you shall not face any further technical problem later on on joining them.