• Related to alimony

I am 48 year old. My divorce case is pending in a district court from last three years. I am giving alimony to my wife 9000 per month. She was living in her mother house from last 3 years. But last week she came into my house.  Now she is living in my house. I filled a written complaint to Police but police did not take any action and saying that "we can't take any action because matter in court. So, now i want to know that can she live in my house ? Can I stop giving alimony ?  My advocate tells me that she can live in my house with getting alimony. The divorce case is filled by my side.  My divorce ground is that she is mentally ill or she attacks on other. The evidence of a doctor has been done in court.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hisar, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
1. Whose house is this? If you are not owner of this house then its owner can file suit for her eviction.
2. Yes she can get alimony even if she remains in this house.
2. If you are owner of this house then file petition in court to provide her alternative accommodation on the ground of her mental illness.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12854 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you have not mentioned whether you are the owner of the house or not . 

2) if you are the owner she has rights to stay in matrimonial home 

3) she can continue to get alimony  even if she remains in the house .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45617 Answers
2680 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Repeat query,

2. Yes she can stay in your house &

3. You shall have to pay her the alimony as per dirrection of the Court.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18511 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer