• Regarding the change of lawyer

It is referred to my previous question of how can I change my lawyer,I got the answers quiet satisfactory. But I wanna clear another confusion that if the lawyer doesn't want to give NOC and start blackmailing to and demand more money as there was no written agreement as how much should I pay to him.under this kind of circumstances what can I do.please help
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Guwahati, Assam
1. Then there will be problem for you,

2. You shall have to pay off your lawyer before taking NOC from you,

3. If he charges exorbitantly, you can report the matter to the Bar Council,

4. I will suggest you to settle the matter amicably.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18730 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Have you paid the entire agreed fee of your lawyer? If yes, no lawyer who conducts himself ethically will deny NOC to you.

2. If he does not give NOC in spite of no portion of his fee remaining unpaid then you may complain to Bar Council.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23084 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer