• clarification on section 138 (cheque bounce case)

dear sir,

i ahve taken some lone from my company and agreed to pay the amount in installments,
unfortunately they removed me from the company.with out notice peroid. at that time they have taken 1cheque with me (48995/-).now that cheque was bounced they sent lawyer notice yesterday.

before that they put my account in hold condition with out intimation in canara bank.

what should i do in my next step
please advice
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
1. The cheque deposited as security can not attract proceeding u/s 138 NI Act.
2. If the case of cheque bouncing is filed against you then file quashing petition in the high court. The case would be washed.
3. If you are a/c holder then employer can not put this on hold.
4. lodge a complaint with police about criminal intimidation and extortion.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13170 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Your employer can not put your account on hold without Court order,

2. The chaeck you had issued is to repay your loan amount you had taken from your Company,

3. So, the check you have issued is against your dischargeable liability which will attrcat action under section 138 of N.I.Act,

4. Negotiate with your employer to settle the matter amicably.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18806 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What your company did is uncalled for, as  they cant hold ur account except as per law, so  it is suggested that reply to this legal notice and contest the case on merits against that company .Vehemently raise objection  before the court  against the holding of that account.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Let them to file a case u/sec.138 NI Act,if they would file a case then you can quashed by filling a Petition u/sc.482 Cr.P.C. in High Court,as because security cheque bounce would not lie in 138 NI act case.You can lodge a complaint to the Department of Labour in your State and file a criminal case against the said company u/sec.406,420 and 383 IPC .
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
386 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer