• Contractual office head can sign the letter of his office

I am appointed as an e-governance project manager in a district of U.P. as well other district of country and state on contract. DM sir has provided a office to me as a sub office in collectorate and also attach a 4th class from panchayati raj vibhag to run my work. I just sign a letter to verify the attendance of 4th class employees for the office from where he is attached. As per trends header of latter is DM office and I sign it wih my designation.
But someone in panchayati raj office leak this letter to local media paper and he public that contractual manager is verifying attendance in place of head of the department. I ask some head clerks and they reply that I can sign this type of letter. Because he was attached in my office and I am a part of DM office.
Is this legally correct to sign this type of letter by a contractual person like me.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Agra, Uttar Pradesh
if DM has authorised you to verify attendance of 4th class employees you are merely acting as per his written instructions . if any irregularity has been committed it is by DM
Dear Client
If DM has been given authority for attendence of 4th class so in that case is there any documents where DM admitted all of that now the problem is you feared because either DM denied then you will face problem so if you feel free then contact us.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court.
Anurag Bhatt
Advocate, Allahabad
if 4th class employees have been attached to your office then you can verify attendance of the employees . to be on safer side address letter to DM placing on record that as per your instructions attendance records of all 4th class employees are being verified by you
1. Has the attendance of the 4th class employee sent by you been recognised and recorded for paying his salary & maintaining his leave record?

2. If yes, then the Administration has already accepted the fact that you are authorised to sign his attendance,

3. The above fact, in addition to DM's letter entitles you to sign his attendance.
you have been duly authorised By DM to do so . in addition based on your report regarding attendance of 4th class employees salary   has been duly paid and leave record maintained . 

you can under the circumstances continue to verify the attendance of 4th class employees
1.  Your such certifying the attandance of the employee reporting to you consequent to the DM's order has been accepted by the Administration,

2. So, you need not worry at all,

3. Moreover when a permanent employee can report to a contractual Manager, what is the legal problem in the said Manager's attesting his attanendance?