• Is 354 and 363 compoundable

I have been charged under sections IPC 354, 363 and 506. I have been jailed for 25 days and was out on bail issued by high court. Now my doubt is whether i can compromise with the opposition as they are ready to withdraw the case. So i request you to tell how to proceed from now on to get out of the case?
Is IPC 354 and 363 compoundable sections? If i wish to compromise
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
well there are some section which cannot be compounded but there are cases where there has been compounding of non compondable sections
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. Since it is non-compoundable offence you can not make compromise in lower court.
2. However the high court may in its discretion can compound the offence as in many cases the supreme has hold that in individual disputes the non-compoundable offence can be compounded by high court or supreme court.
3. If High Court refuses to compound the case then you can get the case resulted in acquittal of the accuwed person by way of favourable evidence of de facto complainant in trial.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12538 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Provision if section 354 IPC is compoundable and provision of section 363 IPC is non compoundable  but it can be compoundable once charge is withdrawn
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer