Hi. I had a partnership of buying servers and domains from a friend of mine who had a company which was not registered. So, all the details regarding that are with him. Currently, I went bad with him due to his bad customer service and now he's not ready to forward the details associated with the domains and servers I had purchased. Kindly help me out in how to proceed legally (step by step) and make him forward all this. Thank you!
Asked 3 years ago in Business Law from Kottarakkara, Kerala
1. You had partnership with him or purchased domain name from/through him?
2. If you had purchased the service of your friend being the service provider & your said purchase of service is your sole business for your earning your livelihood , then you are a consumer as per Consumer Protection (Amendment) Act, 2002,
2. File a consumer complaint before your local district consumer dispute redressal forum alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming handing over the soft copies of your documents, damage and cost.
was partnership deed registered-?how was payment made-? by cash or cheque-? any documentary evidence to prove your transaction?
1. We purchased domain & server on base of our friendship. No agreement/deal with him.
2. Our's is a student start up(registered partnership firm). There are around 20 domains registered with him. We transferred cash through bank. But we did not save any receipt. We had some mails sent to him regarding the purchase of domains.
Asked 3 years ago
emails are admissible in evidence. necessary to go through correspondence engaged to advice
1. You did not enter into any agreement but paid him money,
2. You did not keep the receipts also. Fine,
3. File the consumer complaint as advised in my earlier post wit whatever evidence you have including the said emails.
1)you are partner of the firm . you are entitled to ask for inspection of books of accounts from your partner .
2) what were terms of partnership deed?
3) contact a local lawyer . terms of partnership deed have to be gone into .