• Torture from my husband

we were married 2008 april, he is not going for a work/earn from the day1 of marriage till now.i was earning and taken a loan for his new business after marriage immediately and get money from me all the time till i worked, once i resigned the job during my first pregnancy he and his parents told me to go to my parents house saying some reasons.till now i am with my parents no financial or moral support from my husband,neither everyday tortures over phone.whenever he wanted he and his parents ask me come to their home and i must go and they will send me back to my parents house in few days.Now the tortures are going out of control WHICH CANNOT BE TOLERATED.WHAT SHOULD I DO ...PLEASE SUGGEST ME
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
If you have made up your mind to end the matrimonial tie then file a case for divorce on the ground of cruelty committed and perpetuated on you. Simultaneously you can also file a case for maintenance against him. A husband may have to beg or borrow but he cannot escape the legal obligation of maintaining his wife.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ashish Sir is right.

If reconciliation is not happening & he is not ready for pay maintenance, not regretful of his misdeeds, file DV case against him narrating all the torture you have gone through and seek maintenance through the court. You can also lodge FIR against him and get him arrested.  

As its Criminal case, he has to appear before the court and contest the case regularly (may be 2 or 3 times a month), If he fails to appear the court hearing or fails to pay monthly maintenance, he can get arrested. (He may get bail on application). During the course of litigation if he mends his way and approaches you for settlement, then negotiate with him and settle the dispute.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
118 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer