• Harassment on facebook

Hi Experts

I have a confusion that  how to and under which section I could file a case of harassment on FB .
one of my ex colleague who claims that he is in love and all and he is posting the same thing on FB since when I have no Idea .
this thing came to my knowledge when people in my office started sharing the screen shots and were confirming Is this me or some other girl.
though he is not in my friend list ,i have few screen shots where he is claiming and saying  things about love and etc .
I was least concerned but now in office as usual I became a topic of discussion without any fault .
I need experts help on this ,how could I teach a lesson to him and stop him from sharing such posts in future .
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1. Well professing love for someone in Facebook is no offense.
2. Unless such posts are offending you can not file any case against him.
3. I would ask you to talk to this person and ask him not to indulge in such illegal activities in future. A threat of police complaint may yield desired results.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12802 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If he has attributed his posts specifically to you then you may file a criminal case for stalking and defamation against him. This apart, you can also seek a restraint order against him from the court to stop him from making further posts about you in future. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have found him to indulge in an act offending or damaging your name and reputation, you may call him and warn him of the consequences if he is not stopping them immediately and withdraw all such offending posts from the Facebook account. If he protests or irritates more, gather the evidences and lodge a complaint with the cyber crime police for the offences of stalking and defamatory articles posted in the social network web sites with intention to spoil your name and tarnish your image. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35580 Answers
385 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer