• How acuire ANCESTRY land from forest department

We have land 1 acr land which from our ANCESTRY (vansh purvaj ) land from 1930 or 1933.We have agricuture farm on that land.

We have proof of 7/12 that,But now this is acuire by revenue forest depatment,

What we can do? Please guide us.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Thane, Maharashtra
In order to alleviate the genuine grievances of small farmers, the  Maharashtra Private Forest Acquisition Act was amended to provide that in the case of owners, whose holding became less than 12 hectares as on 30th August 1975 on account of acquisition of forest lands, the whole or the appropriate portion of the forest land so acquired would be restored to and revested in them so that the total holding of land may be 12 hectares or less. 

you have to file writ petition in HC challenging acquistion of your land by forest department . you have not mentioned whether compensation paid to you for acquisition has been duly accepted by you or not
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45617 Answers
2680 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a Writ Petition before the High Court challenging the acquisition of your ancestral property.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18511 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer