• i want birth certificate in nagpur

i have one date of birth in my all documents and one issued from the hospital where i was born. as now i am needin my passport and want a date of birth certificate. how can i solve my problem
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Nagpur, Maharashtra
1) on basis of certificate issued by Hospital you can approach registrar of Births for issue of birth certificate

2)  If your birth is not registered, in that case obtain a negative certificate which state that your birth is not registered in there record & hence no birth certificate can be given.

3) After obtaining the above mentioned certificate, you have to apply in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class against the Municipal Authority & make prayer to registered your birth in their register.

4) You have to submit your school leaving certificate & the Negative certificate of Municipal Authority along with your application.

5) The Court will record your deposition as well as deposition of concerned officer of Municipal Authority & thereafter pass suitable order in your favour.

6) After  the order from the court the Municipal Authority will register your birth in there register & you have to pay the late fees & there after you will get your Birth Certificate.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46664 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Since your hospital certificate showing your date of birth is different from what have been mentioned in your other documents, do not show the hospital birth certificate,

2. Most of the indians are born at own houses for which no hospital birth certificate is issued,

3. Take the birth certificate from the  Panchayat or Municipality after submitting affidavit & this date of birth should match with the date of birth mention in your otrher documens,

4. Now all your certificates will have the same date of birth for applying for passport.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18741 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer