• Dispute on propety

Our family have land more than 25 years under kabza. now before 2 and 1/2 year one persor said in municipal that his relatives no child and he is owner of said property and make that property in his name in municipalty. and sold another person. and real owner has not filed any case against this incident. so what we can do to take this property under our control? pls give advice.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) it is your own case that you are not the owner of said land 

2) the owner will after issue of legal notice file suit for eviction against you . 

3) it will take years to be disposed of . 

4) you can raise the plea of adverse possession as defence .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46601 Answers
2756 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File a suit of ownership of the land against the owner, as per adverse possession,

2. If you can manage to get favourable order, you can contest the claims raised by subsequent buyers about the ownership of the land.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18730 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer