• grandfather claiming maintianance from my father

he has never done anything for my family and father and still filed complaint to get maintance.my father earns approx 50k we r two sons i m going to pursue mba and my brother has hearing problem so we need a lot of money for his maintainance(speech therapy and all).my mothers operation was going to take place on october .we r so tense he want money from us and buy property for his younger son who is also not doing anything.he got ancestral house and some agricultural land.he is addict of gutka and tambaku and want to spend money on that.we r ready to live with him but still he thinks he dont get money to eat gutka and tambakhu.what should we do?
i dont want my fathers hard earned money to go in vein.he never cared for us but when it comes to money he is too greedy.did court will hear our voice or its just too flexible in case of senior citizens.we dont want share in ancestral house and agricultural land.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
repeated query

1. Repeated query,

2. Your grandfather is entitled to maintenance from your father despite your claim that you do not want your ancestral property,

3. Your father is legally bound to maintain his father, if he is unable to maintain himself & the amount will be decided by the Court.

moraly and legally also son is duty bound to lookafter and maintain his parents.if father has no means or insufficient means to maintain himself he can claim maintenance from son.court will direct accordingly.