• Citizenship renewal

My friend was an Indian Hindu lady. She was married  a Bangladeshi Muslim man. He was made her legal document a by born Bangladeshi and muslim in Bangladesh. They have 2child. Now she wants to come back in India & renew her citizenship with her 2 child as  Muslim. Is it possible. If yes what will be the procedure. By the way she lost her Indian voter I'd card and ration card also.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
she can apply for duplicate voter id / ration card  if she has lost her original documents . she must be having her birth certificate , school leaving certificate  and other documents that show she is an indian citizen
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
42733 Answers
2468 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. She can apply for the duplicate copy of votter ID card, ration card etc without disclosing about her Bangaladeshi migration,

2. While applying for those documents she has no scope to mention anywhere that she has two children who are Muslim.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
17592 Answers
431 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer