• Legal advice on property

our father buyed two properties and transferred land to all his sons and daughters that is .we are 9 members in our family i.e 3 brothers and 6 sisters 
6 sisters are married in past 1970\'s 
i m one of his son writing this article..
1st land will is on 3 brothers.
2nd land will is on 9 members i.e 3 bro\'s and 6 sis\'s
1 question is on 2nd land proprty
3 brothers transferred all the 2nd land on their names by giving amounts to thier sisters legally in the premisis of the court .we r not taken any recipts and bond singed by our sister ...they filed a complaint against 3 brothers that the land also belongs to 6 sisters ..my question is that land is transferred to our names and how can they approach court how long the process can take 

2nd question 1st land 
my sisters also filed a petition on 1st land that the property also belongs to them ..how can this happen becoz the property is transfered by father directly on 3 brothers names
how long this procees goes 

according to the new status by highcourt 
land will belong to those whose wil is on owners name 

the two lands will is on ours brothers name only
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
1. If Will is duly proved then no body can now dispute its arrangements.
2, A regards second property, the sons can file declaratory suit claiming their exclusive right over the property since Owelty Money has been paid to the sisters.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12880 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) how was payment made to sisters by cash or cheque ? have you obtained any document from your sisters when you paid them their share in property? 

2) if property has been transferred in name of 3 sons legally then sisters claim is devoid of merits 

3) case filed by sisters will take 15 years to be disposed of 

3) if property has been transferred by father in name of 3 sons by gift deed duly stamped and registered sisters will have no share in said properties
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if your father had left a will prudent approach would have been to apply for probate of will of father
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer