• threten to kill me& my 1.6years old children&forcely sare bed

Sir with request i wish to say that i got married 2.6years ago with the only son govt chaukidar.when i got pregnaneny he refuse to accept growing baby as his baby and send me to my parents house and started abusing to me&my paents.when my father became parlatic pecent my husband was asked to come&stay at home .one day he tried to kill me by bloking my throte i became senceless then a practitioner came and got tretment.after some days i decided to go to my inlaws residence and wrote police officer  of sudamdih,copy to jorapokhar police&sp.when i reached my inlaws residence my husband started abussing & after some days he he tried forcely sare my bed when i proteste he started beating and my father in law&mother in law started demanding money&bartan(thali,pot,etc)when i reffused to do so .one day my husband injecte poision in to the injection which i was suppose to take for wound.when practitioner was to inject that injection to me i smell some poisionous smell then i refuse to take and inform my parrents they came pulled me out .but it on my complain no action taken by police.my father in law is posted in the same police station.thanks&regards
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from purnea, Bihar
1. Immediately move to the High Court for registration of criminal cases against your husband and in-laws. Lack of police action confers on you the right to move High Court for prosecution of your husband and in-laws. Police may not have taken action owing to the fact that one of the accused (your father-in-law) is their own brethren.

2. You may move to court and file a case for domestic violence to apply for protection and alternative accommodation at the expenditure of your husband. Once court passes an order of protection your husband will be obligated to abide by it. If he violates it then he can be imprisoned. 

3. You may also claim financial support for yourself and your child by filing a case for maintenance against your husband.  

4. In addition to above, also file a case for dowry harassment against your husband and in-laws.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please follow as advised by Mr. Ashish, Advocate.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

If police refuses to lodge FIR, then send a report to SP to instruct local police to file FIR, and if nothing happened, then  file 156(3) Crpc before local  criminal court for lodging of FIR, you can move  to women's cell for protection against your abusive husband, start a case under DV A ct, 2005 for harassment and torture you are facing , also  file case before local District Court to  for maintenance u/s 125 Crpc  as well as S.24 Hindu Marriage Act.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

File an application u/s156(3) praying for direction upon the police to investigate and act based on your said complaint.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18121 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer