• Please help

I got separated from my wife since last 3 months.. How to stop my divorce .. i don't want divorce, as she wants a divorce ?? She took this decision in a pressure. Her parents forcefully told me to do sign on a notebook paper that you both need a divorce and both families are agree with all the terms. She took all her items with her. She is living with parents now. They told us we will talk after 3 months. But 3months are about to finish. Still waiting for their positive response. MY wife is having good financial background. She is rich. But i belongs to a poor family, do i have to pay alimony or maintenance , if she proceed with a divorce case. Can she take a decree of divorce alone ? What i can do..Agar uski mother ne uski marriage karva di without divorce ?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Patiala, Punjab
Religion: Hindu
You can file for restitution of conjugal rights in the family court. she cannot take the judgment of divorce alone.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You may file for restitution of conjugal rights in the court. She cannot take a decree of divorce without making you a party. The court will issue you a notice of her having filed a divorce case against you wherein you will be given sufficient opportunity to contest her case fittingly through your lawyer. Unless she gets a decree of divorce in her favour she cannot remarry. Remarriage during the subsistence of marriage constitutes the offence of bigamy which is punishable with an imprisonment of up to 7 years.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer