• Death threat

My husband and I are not in good terms for 9 years now.
We plan for mutual divorce. Meanwhile I fell in love with a person.my husband set up people to track my whereabouts. He now threatens to kill the person or file a police complaint against him. What can I do.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
1. It appears your marriage is all but over.
2. So do not waste time any more for divorce especially when your husband may be ready for mutual divorce.
3. Before it is done do not antagonise much so your plan for mutual divorce may be jeopardised.
4. Do bear in mind that if your husband backtracks form his commitment of mutual divorce, then you are not getting divorce anytime soon.

So act accordingly and cautiously.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12804 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are in love with a person other than your husband  when you have not received divorce, it is a serious offence for which your husband can take legal action  against your paramour, however  convince your husband for mutual  divorce in calm Mind or file divorce case and contest.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

 convince your husband for mutual consent divorce , till you get it stay away from your friend. Your friend can be charged for adultery on a complaint form your husband. So  first get yourself from the marriage.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer