• seniority

Im in a private bank following the r r of the state of maipur  government. We were regularised  on 1st February 2014 but are yet to be confirmed after 1 yr. My bank has made a seniority list same as the list of the candidates in the regularisation order excluding merit. What I want to know is that can seniority be done on the basis of the regularisation  order list alone without merit . And there is no tentative in the order of seniority. The first appointment order was also without the merit list.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Imphal, Manipur
The Bank must have made rules & regulations based upon which they act. Your regularization date is bit confusing as per continuation of your query. Check your Service rules. If the rule says confirmation by seniority then has to be done accordingly.

Regularisation and confirmation are two different stages.However if the bank violates the Rules, you may challenge the same in the court.

1. Seniority is not decided based on merit,,

2. It is based on date of joining/regularisation.