• Dalit convert

Dear sir,
I ask this question on behalf of my relative.  His father belongs to Hindu SC category and his mother also belongs to SC category, but she is a Christian.  His birth certificate states him as belonging to Hindu SC category.  But he was brought up as a Christian.  He got job in a public sector government organisation under GENERAL CATEGORY on merit, without any relaxation meant for SC category, even though he applied under SC category. 

Now my question is,  if he wants to embrace Christianity,  will it cause any trouble in continuing in his present job.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from trichy, Tamil Nadu
1. If he had applied under SC category, how can he be recruited under general category? Please check the facts,

2. However, if he has the caste certificate, then there will be no legal problem in connection with his employment, if he converts to Christianity.

Even though an SC candidate applies for a Govt. post  in SC category, he may be considered under General Category also, when he has scored marks equal to the marks obtained by a general candidate and there was no need to relax the standard for that particular candidate.  He is at liberty to embrace christianity or any other religion and it does not affect his continuance in employment.