• Legal heirs and property valuation

My dad passed away... and my mom (widow) has applied for legal heirs certificate.
we have 3 properties in Navi Mumbai. Our Lawyer has asked us to pay a handsome amount of money on account of property valuation (Stamp Duty) to the court. 
We want to know if there is any concession for widow? 
Will the court provide any receipt for the paid amount?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
you have not mentioned whether your father left a will or not . if your father died intestate you need a succession certificate . you need to pay court fees . maximum amount of court fees would be Rs 75000 . you can ask lawyer to furnish proof that stamp paper has been paid for said amount .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46891 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer