• Forced withdrawal from college

I have asked this question yesterday regarding withdrawal from college. in my case, i was implicated and being asked to withdraw forcefully from college. i have asked several times to re consider my decision because i am completely innocent. either the management is corrupt or someone is holding grudge against me i dont know but the college is not expelling me because they want me to pay the fees of remaining years.  i know this because i signed on my 'provisional admission letter' in which it was stated that'in case of discontinuation of studies from college, you need to pay the fess for remaining years'. I can not withdraw as i haven't done anything wrong. but they are not heeding to my prayers. they have withheld my certificates and when i asked for expulsion, they gave me a suspension for two years which is absurd. suspension of any no of days means i will be still a part of the college. they are extorting money from me. in this case can i register a case against them?
ps: no where in the college website can i find all the rules and regulations of college nor it is mentioned in the prospectus. rules of wihdrawing and ragging are only mentioned by college.
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law from Vellore, Tamil Nadu
you cannot be forced to pay fees for remaining years if you with draw from college . issue legal notice to college that in view of suspension order it is not possible to continue in said institute . ask for return of your certificates . if college fails to do so lodge complaint with local police station . also move consumer forum as advised earlier
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46667 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Refer the Rules and regulation of the college. You can ask for it from the Registrar.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13125 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

serve them a legal notice through a lawyer if they don't  accede to your requests then file case in consumer forum.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer