• Non-payment of salary for 4 months

My company say XYZ limited is a part of ABC which is a big company in India. Here major shareholder is ABC. Now ABC want to transfer the share/ICD/asset to MNO company. MNO will take over XYZ limited and run the show, however XYZ limited is not paying salary for last 5 months, pf, tds nothing have been paid. 

We suspect that if MNO comes into the picture they will not pay the liabilities/terminal benefits to the employees and may lay off employees.

My question is how can the employees get all their dues, benefits and others if any.
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from Kolkata, West Bengal
Approach a lawyer nearby your area and send the Company(XYZ) a legal notice through lawyer. Next step is to approach Labour Commissioner of proper jurisdiction which your lawyer will guide. The all of you together can file a suit in appropriate labour court after exploring all these options, attaching a copy of all the relevant documents.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
330 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

The company which has employed you and fro which you have worked is liable to pay you salary. You need to serve the company, your employer a legal notice through a lawyer for payment of salary and also file a complaint with the Regional Labour Office having jurisdiction.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer