• Lanlord Tenant Dispute

My father had given 1 shop to 1 person in 1963, he had written on a stamp paper about paying rent regularly, my father expired in 1995 and the shop was transfered in we 2 brothers as per nominations by my father. what rent he was paying to us was much LESS, than what we were paying to the society, (QUATERLY BILL). HE REFUSE TO PAY US MORE, by saying take it or leave, hence he has not paid us the rent from 2000, whereas we have paid the dues as per date to the society up to today, in between he had sent 2 cheques to us by post the arrears of the rent in my deceased father's name, which does not hold any ground as after my father died we closed the bank account, he has also subletted the property to various people till now without our consent.my question Sir is, 1) How to get my property back and if it is going for redevelopement how to proceed it with the terms and offer given by the builder. 2) is nonpayment of rent and subletting the property can be good ground for evicting him a best ground. kindly give me a way out of this problem as I have given to the society fund nearly 20 times the amount by way of quaterly bills,repairs,increment in taxes and overhead expenditure incurred in the society regularly.
he only hold the electricity bill and the possession the the shop
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
if tenant is not paying rent regularly issue him legal notice to vacate the premises and for arrears of rent . file eviction suit in small  causes court mumbai . further tenant cannot sub let premises without owner consent . it is a ground for eviction .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
48067 Answers
2854 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer