• How to get our money back

sir i am abhay from gwl. my dad has given some amount of Rs/- to one of his frd. for few days and his frd had given him a cheque as securtiy bt it turned out to be fraud .then my father consult a lawyer and send him a legal notice. now i would like to ask after how many days of sending that notice we have to register that case in court and what other thing we can do so that we can get our money back..
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
You can now lodge a case of cheating  or a Criminal complaint U/S 200 Cr pc before Magistrate as period  of 15 Days already over from the date  of serving notice on 7.4.14.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Its not clear whether the cheque given by him has been dishounoured and notice has been served upon him against that, if so then after expiry of 15 days period you can file criminal case under Section 138 of N.I.Act.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Within a period of 15 days you have to file the case in the concerned court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer