• cheque bounce case

hello sir i received a cheque for rupees 50000 dated 6th may 2014 and the person did not maintain balance  and the cheque got rejected i want to file a  bounce case against the person i want to know the details for filing the case and the required documents please do the needful i would be very thankful
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from secundrabad, Andhra Pradesh
You can file a cheque bouncing case only if you have sent notices within 15 days from date of cheque bounce and should file a suit within 30 days from date of cheque bounce. In your case(may 2014), probably chq bounce case cannot be filed. Instead you can file a 420 case(fraud) and a civil suit to recover your money. You need to file a case immediately ( assuming chq bounced in may 2014) or else you cant file criminal and civil suit also.
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1321 Answers
167 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer