• Can anybody claim in self acquired property

My grandfather purchased a property by their own money in 1970. My grandfather have three son and one daughter. One of their son died 1993, after their death all expenses which ever incurred all payable by my grandfather. My grandmother also passed away 4 years ago. Now my grandfather is expire they left a registered will in which mention, they wanted to give all property to their younger son and a little part of same land given to the grandson of older son (who expired in 1993). Now my aunty (Wife of died son) suit a case in court that he was not sound mind that is why he distributed the property in this way.  she is claiming that she want a part in our property. my grandfather is a sound mind. what should we do. could you please advice us.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Panipat, Haryana
Basically, Self Acquired property can transfer or dispose anybody without permission of legal heirs. Normally will validity proved by seeking probate before the court of law. In your instance, your aunty has to prove with respect to unsound mind of your grand father at the time of execution will and  If your aunty has any medical proof at the time execution will that will be help to establish her case before court of law.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
751 Answers
35 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Property Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
17407 Answers
165 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
27284 Answers
1483 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
13577 Answers
291 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
19587 Answers
507 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
6894 Answers
78 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
3146 Answers
47 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
971 Answers
69 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2028 Answers
24 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1296 Answers
71 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
823 Answers
58 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0