• Delay in payment of supplier's bill.

Since one of the supplier's payment is pending to be made consequent upon the non receipt of payment from my customer, can the supplier resort to lodging a Police complaint under CrPC and pursue through Advocate legally.

R G KRISHNAN rgkrishnan@rediffmail.com
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
depending upon facts of the case he can take legal proceedings as advised . your supplier should file summary suit against you to recover his money . he can also file case for cheating if all ingredients of case under section 420 IPC are satisfied
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46856 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It all depends upon terms and conditions agreed upon between the parties.So far, non-receipt of payment is concerned,supplier can for civil suit for recovery of money due alongwith interest for delayed period. Besides,he can also file criminal complaint under section 406and 420 subject to terms of the contract/agreement.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Dear Client,Yes you can file a complaint as per section 421 and 406 of I.P.C, if you need more clarification then contact us.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt.
Anurag Bhatt
Advocate, Allahabad
83 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer