• Divorce

dear sir,
i am married 8 months back.there is serious problem of intellect level mismatch further m not getting sexual satisfaction at all.Further,the in laws have lied about spouse's height n education which were only demand from me.
After I lost all interest in this marriage.I am not living with her she is with my parents and want to get divorce. Due to this I am depressed and getting the treatment from psychiatrist.
is divorce possible as this married life of mine is killing me.Pls guide.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
You can file for divorce in family court. If you think that your wife would cooperate then file for divorce with mutual consent under s.13b of Hindu Act.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


You may file for divorce before a court of competent jurisdiction. However intellect mismatch can't be a ground for divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act. So you will need to file the petition on any of the grounds as mentioned in the above act.

You must consult a local lawyer in order to further assist you in this.

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
33 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You don't have any grounds to divorce your wife. Beside this legal advice, I would say that the foundation of an institution of marriage would not be stronger if your wife had the qualities you wanted in her profile. In these columns and elsewhere too you would have seen too many marriages falling apart for several other reasons. Start seeing positive qualities in your wife.  Also think that had it been conversely, your wife would have left you?
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
570 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer