• Refund of security deposit

As a tenant  shall I take cheque of refund of security deposit and vacate the flat I took on rent or I should wait until security deposit cheques get credit to my account.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kalyan, Maharashtra
Vacate it. You can prosecute the drawer/landlord if cheque is dishonoured.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
568 Answers
169 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can insist that instead of cheque demand draft be give for security deposit or bankers cheque . vacate the premises on receipt of SD demand draft
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45545 Answers
2676 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer