• Family separation

I want to be separated (divorce) from husband as we are not staying together from past 3 years. The reason we are not staying together was, he always brings illogical arguments for small small day to day issues and used to beat me up at the end of the argument. I bore this for 8 years of marriage and requested him to leave me to myself in 2010. Since 2010 we are staying separate. Now I want to get divorce because the separation/divorce paper is needed everywhere legally (for eg. even in school). Please help me how do I get divorce from him.

Thank you.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
For securing divorce; if you are a Hindu, you would have to approach the family court citing cruelty as the reason for seeking divorce and mentioning all the possible reasons and including evidences. In your prayer to the court, you would have to mention specifically that you have been staying separately since 2010 so as to inform the court that any further reconciliation is not possible and further, requesting the court to waive off the conciliation period of 1 year on filing for divorce.

In your case getting divorce should not be a problem.

Thanks.
Feroz A. Shaikh

Madam,

You have to file a petition under Hindu Marriage act for divorce on the ground of desertion, so you have to file a divorce petition before family court at Bangalore.

Pradeep B.V.
Advocate
Mob;-9481778692