• Disparity in pay and unequal pay for equal work

Dear Sir,
I am in CPMF as Dy. Comdt. enrolled in Jan.1999.Accordingly, my batchmate got STS (Senior time scale) in 2003 but I was denied as I was put into low medical category (Hypertension ). Personally I did not have any ailments and even then I went by rigorious commando trg, and served in High Altitude in mid-Himalayas (14,000-18,000 feet).Till date,I don't have any medical leave nor skipped any duties .I was granted STS in NOV. 2005 when  I was declared SHAPE-1.
Now my batchmates have been granted 2nd MACP with grade pay of Rs7,600/- with effect from Jan 2013  and myself denied as they that it is to be granted only after 10 years from grant of STS.
Now the pay difference works out to be more than Rs12,000/- per month from my batchmates though we are performing the same duties. 
It would be kind of you if you can provide your legal advice.
With regards,
Manoj Kr Mehta
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Ranchi, Jharkhand
 If your unequal pay schedule is a mistake or deliberate mistake from the part of your employer for the non existing medical reason it can be challenged.

It would be advisable you take your grievance to your departmental level first , if the authorities concerned chose to ignore then you have to approach court.

You should file a writ in the high court challenging the same.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
139 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer