• Transfer/sale under construction builder apartment in Noida/Gnoida

Dear Sir(s),
Need Clarification on following:
Mr X bought an apartment with builder in Greater NOIDA paid as per payment plan upto 70 % of the property cost and now wants to sell to Mr Y at a premium.Property Still is not ready for possession and is under-construction.
Documents executed till now 
1. Application for Provisional Allotment 
2. Cheque(s) Received and Receipts given against it to Mr X by builder.
3. Provisional Allotment Letter Issued by authorized signatory of developer.
4.Pyment Plan / Demand Letters as and when required.
No Stamp duty has been paid to govt till now by Mr X.None of the documents is registered with Authority.
Question 1 : Does Law/UP apartment Act Allows such Transfer in books of the developer?
Question 2 : Can Mr. X execute Agreement to Sell with Mr. Y?
Question 3 : Can Builder transfer provisional allotment from Mr X to Mr Y by taking Transfer      Charges based on a written application by Mr. X.
Question 4 : Should Builder Take equivalent amount from Mr. Y and refund to Mr X. same amount  that he has paid in-case transfer is allowed.and Mr Y Pay to Mr X balance premium directly.
Question 5 : Kindly suggest the documentation to be followed to avoid and fraudulent transactions/avoid any other risks involved in this kind off transactions.
Looking forward for a detailed & objective response.
Congratulations for creating such a wonderful platform which is much required considering technicalities of law for a layman.
Thanks and Regards 
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
1) you would need prior permission of builder to sell your flat 

2) X can execute agreement with Y after obtaining NOC from builder 

3)builder can transfer flat in name of Y 

4) generally builder would charge over a lakh to grant permission . 

5) obtain no dues certificate from builder before entering into agreement 

6) accept all payment s by cheque only . generally in respect of such agreement with purchaser builder would be a confirming party 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
23328 Answers
1220 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Property Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
14122 Answers
127 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
23328 Answers
1220 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18167 Answers
449 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12131 Answers
233 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5239 Answers
54 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
441 Answers
15 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
873 Answers
43 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2760 Answers
41 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1916 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1950 Answers
65 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0