• House rental issue

Greetings to Team Kaanoon and all the panelists.

This question is regarding my property. It is held jointly between me and my mother, we are joint owners. We want to sell our property but the property can only be sold to my cousin who is living in the other portion of the property. It is a partitioned house separated by a common wall. My grand mother's will put the restriction that we can sell the property only to her.

I am not interested in selling it to her as she is offering a low price. But my mother has already taken an advance from her and signed an agreement to sell, I have two floors above and I want to give it on rent, but my mother is not interested. Whenever someone comes to see my place, my cousin tells them that the property has been sold to her so they should not come here for any rentals. How can she claim ownership by just giving an advance?

My mother has only taken an advance and not the entire sale consideration and she has only signed, not me. So is possible to give it on rent or no or despite my cousin's interference, who has only paid an advance?  If i give the place on rent is my mother's signature also necessary on the rental agreements? A lawyer who I met locally told me that my mother's sign is not necessary, please clarify!

Kindly advice.
Asked in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
. your mother consent is necessary to give premises on rent as both are co owners of the property

no one wants to  take on rent any property wherein there is a dispute . since your cousin has given advance money for buying property in issue no one will want to take such a property and get involved in family squabbles

1) when your cousin sister gave advance she must have got some document executed from your mother ?  
2) what are the contents of MOU? 
3) if any document has been executed your cousin sister will move court for necessary reliefs  if you give premises on rent

your mother and your cousin will definitely move court to restrain you from giving premises on leave and licence basis . 

ask your mother to furnish you copy of agreement of sale . since you are joint owner of the property you can definitely ask her to furnish copy of agreement signed by your mother

. we have replied you at length . cousin along with your mother  can move court but ultimately it is for the court to decide .