• Working on a student visa

My bf is not a citizen of india and he is here on a student visa. he is being suspected for working for modelling agencies even though it cant be proven as he doesn't have any paper contract with any agency. now he has been asked to submit all his documents and guarantee or some affidavit sort of from two indians who know him , that he is not working and is only studying in a college here. He is studying in my college and he is enrolled, but should i sign that affidavit? if he gets caught, how will i be affected? what charges can be made against me?
Asked 3 years ago in Constitutional Law from New Delhi, Delhi

Thank you for posting your query.

In case you know as a matter of fact that the concerned person is working here, then you should not submit a false affidavit. 

It is easy for the authorities to find out if a person is working here through just looking at financial transactions in a person's account. And giving a false affidavit in order to conceal information might land you in trouble. It will amount to creation of false document, concealing information from authorities, abetting unauthorized stay of a foreign national and cheating which is punishable under the law.