• ancestral property & Huf

Dear Sir

I have Q if there is ancestral property past on from forefathers. Were A Father had 3 children from which 2 sons 1 daughter. Now the land was divided by father by getting consent decree passed in the Suit of 1939 under Bombay High Court to which only 2 sons was given rights to the property nothing to the Daughter. Now the Land was recently sold , can sons of daughter claim that land.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
what basis you state it is ancestral property ? if property was subject matter of litigation and consent decree passed sons would have share in said property . if said property was sold sons would only get share in the property

when did great grand father die?

if your great grand father died in 1973 on his death all 3 children would have equal share in the  property .

was daughter party to suit proceedings ? did great grand mother leave a will ? .do you hav copy of court proceedings and court decree? 

frankly you have to meet local lawyer pay his consultation charges show all documents in your possession and then decide  your next course of action

you can come to my office after prior appointment on payment of my consultation charges  next week

thanks for your appreciation .