• Not settling full and final payment

I have resigned from a company on 27th Nov under normal circumstances. The relieving letter is signed by the Director of the firm and the conduct certificate issued also says : conduct is good.
Till date the firm has not settled my full and final accounts citing vague reasons like company is in loss, we do not have cash flow etc. What step should I take next to recover my dues
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
First step would involve reviewing the employment contract and relieving letter. Following which, a proper legal notice will have to be issued through a lawyer to the Company asking them to make the payment within a stipulated period of time. Failing compliance by the Company of the request to make payment, a case will have to be filed in the Court requesting an order seeking the release of payment. 
Anand Udayakumar
Advocate, Chennai
2 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

1. Serve a legal notice to the company to settle your dues at once.
2. Complain against the company to the Regional Labour Commissioner
3. Move the Labour court for recovering the dues.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1633 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You send legal notice to the Comoany claiming the said amount,

2. You can file a complaint before the local police against the company for cheating you by not paying your salary,

3. you can also file a recovery suit against the company. 
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18471 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer